The New England Nordic Ski Association (NENSA) is looking for its next Executive Director – FasterSkier.com
The New England Nordic Ski Association (NENSA) is looking for its next Executive Director to lead this dynamic and thriving non-profit XC ski organization. Founded in 1995, NENSA is a member-supported service organization that promotes the culture of cross-country skiing by creating opportunities for youth, athletes, coaches, officials and skiers of all levels. NENSA also provides the support structure needed to bring cross-country skiers to their highest potential at regional, national and international events.
NEW ENGLAND NORDIC SKI ASSOCIATION CHIEF EXECUTIVE | JOB OFFER
The New England Nordic Ski Association is looking for its next CEO. This role requires strong and inspired leadership with a spirit of collaboration to galvanize and work with our ski community as well as our staff and Board of Directors. This position is essential to supporting, overseeing, and advancing NENSA’s four pillars of nonprofit revenue: Sponsors and Grants, Donations, Membership, and Programming. This person will work closely with staff – the Competitive Program Director, Youth and Introductory Program Director, Operations Director and Event Support/TD Coordinator, as well as community stakeholders, including including members, sponsors, donors, clubs, venues, US Ski & Snowboard and various NENSA and US Ski & Snowboard committees. Great interpersonal skills are essential. The Executive Director is an empowered leadership position, requiring energy, vision, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task, to advance all of NENSA’s programming and mission .
To carry out NENSA’s mission as the regional governing body for cross-country skiing in the United States, the Executive Director will:
- Promote cross-country skiing as a healthy and inclusive recreational sport.
- To provide development opportunities for skiers of all abilities and levels, including volunteer and professional development to support the sport.
- Produce high quality competitive events for elite and recreational skiers.
- Ensure NENSA’s compliance with US Ski & Snowboard and be NENSA’s representative at the US Ski & Snowboard Congress.
Essential Functions – Including, but not limited to, management of the following areas:
- Overall support and management of staff and contracted/associated professionals (timekeepers, technical delegates, etc.).
Sponsorships and Grants:
- Responsible for maintaining and expanding all current sponsors as well as finding and securing new sponsorship opportunities.
- NENSA Annual Fund (ongoing) – maintaining donor relationships and cultivating new ones