5 leaders share ideas for showing your employees you care
Happy Employee Appreciation Day: 5 Leaders Share Ideas to Show Your Employees You Care
Written by Arina Sophie
Category: Talent Management
Whether it’s a simple “thank you”, a gift box or a paid leave, every gesture, big or small, speaks volumes.
It’s time to shine the spotlight on employees around the world! Today is Employee Appreciation Day (EAD) and employers around the world are taking the time to show their team some love and appreciation.
To celebrate this special day, four leaders from around the world share their three favorite ways to show their employees appreciation, ranging from a simple thank you to paid time off.
“I appreciate bring a personal touch to any gesture of appreciation. For example, adding a signed note to a gift box we give to staff. Treat them with small, intimate meals to recognize them and connect more deeply. Call me old-school, while digital signatures are more efficient, I still like sign each certificate or note by hand using the trusted pen!”
– Jitender Khurana, Country Manager and Managing Director, Signify Singapore.
- Company-wide PTO (paid time off) day: one day per month the whole company takes a day off. It’s a great way to recharge your batteries.
- messages of gratitude: We send each other beautifully designed cards to practice gratitude for big and small things.
- Say thank you!’ Simple but means so much.
– Pia Broadley, APAC Lead, Dropbox
- Proactive sharing constructive and detailed feedbackk to show that we are invested in individual growth and development.
- Empower employees take ownership of their time — we value them and understand that their time is valuable
- Create reconnaissance tracks across the organization, including dedications, awards and our company-wide “Love” appreciation project.
– Geana Barbosa, SEA Manager, Asana
“Nothing is more important than express appreciation directly to your colleagues for their efforts and sacrifices and for listening to their comments. DAS management holds regular meetings with different groups of colleagues throughout the year to check in with them and ensure their well-being. I think we had over 20 town halls in 2021!”
– Lee Siang, CEO, Dyslexia Association of Singapore
“It became clear to me that a strategic decision would be to plan where my administrative teams would come back to work, and how we would do it in a way that would move the safety, well-being and inspiration we received from our current HQ. So we created a design studio.
We have determined the priorities for the new design studio:
- Dedicated wellness area
- Conference room for team collaborations
- Office space with lots of natural light
- Showroom space with easy access to the street
This space will embrace the future of flexible working. It will support collaboration between Mercury Mosaics teams as a model for promote working in harmony. I wanted my Make team to be able to stream music during the week without worrying about important client meetings. Loud noises for various forms of manufacturing should occur freely, regardless of ongoing conference calls. “
– Mercedes Austin, CEO, Mercury Mosaics
READ ALSO : 10 easy and fun ways to celebrate Employee Appreciation Day on March 4, 2022
Pictures / Provided
Follow us on Telegram and on Instagram @humanresourcesonline for all the latest HR and workforce news from across the region!